Rocky Harbour is the largest community in Gros Morne National Park and is centrally located for touring our World Heritage Site. While our history has been closely linked with the fishing and the forest industries, Rocky Harbour has grown into Newfoundland's top tourism community. [More]
Your Emergency Preparedness Guide: This guide explains in greater detail the steps Canadians should take to become better prepared for emergencies. Included are a Family Emergency Plan template and list of emergency kit items.
Emergency Preparedness Guide for People with Disabilities/ Special Needs: This guide provides information on preparing an emergency plan and kit for people with disabilities/ special needs and for caregivers. While disasters and emergencies affect everyone, their impact on people with disabilities/ special needs is often compounded by factors such as reliance on electrical power, elevators, accessible transportation and accessible communication-all of which can be compromised in emergency situations. Please click here to download this resource: www.getprepared.gc.ca/index-eng.aspx
Posted: April 21, 2021 1:37 pm NFLD
Recycling Depot Guidelines
1. All bottles are to have caps removed prior to drop off. Any bottles with cap still attached will be returned to the customer.
2. To avoid congestion at the depot, unless prior arrangements have been made with the staff, each customer is limited to 10 bags per drop off. Anything above will not be accepted at that time.
3. Groups wishing to hold a recycling drive must notify the depot 2 weeks prior to make sure they can accommodate a large amount of recyclables.
During extended outages, Hydro asks customers to please implement measures to stay safe. Safety information can be found at www.hydrosafety.ca. Here's tips for staying safe during a power outage:
· Never go near or touch a fallen power line.
· Don't use camp stoves or barbecues indoors as they produce hazardous fumes.
· Turn thermostats to the lowest setting or switch them off; and keep only one light on to let you know when power has been restored.
· Do not plug a portable generator into the wiring system of a home or building. This action could result in serious injury to utility workers.
· Listen to the radio.
· Stay warm with blankets and wearing layers.
· Spend some quiet, quality time with friends and family while crews work to safely restore power.
Customers can get further updates on the Hydro Power Outages and Emergencies (24 hrs) line at 1-888-737-1296 or on Hydro’s website at www.nlh.nl.ca. Updates are also being provided to media and can be found by following us on Twitter @NLHydro, or through Facebook www.facebook.com/NLHydro.
Posted: Dec 4, 2015 3:50 pm NFLD
Town of Rocky Harbour
PO Box 24, NL